Great8Mandate, Contro la cancellazione di Gilmore Girls...

« Older   Newer »
Dany04
view post Posted on 6/5/2007, 16:15

CITAZIONE
Update as of May 5th, 2007 ...

What is the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign?

As we've all heard, Warner Bros. and The CW recently announced the cancellation of our Girls. In order to show 'the powers that be' that Gilmore fans are truly dedicated and still stand behind season 8, the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign was born. Taking a cue from our favorite show, the Daisy Campaign will physically deliver bouquets of daisies to important parties involved in the season 8 decision making process in hopes of changing the season 8 tides.

The exact executives/actors who will receive the daisies depends entirely on how much money the campaign raises. It would be safe to assume that our first targets are people like Dawn Ostroff (President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network), Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Peter Roth (President, Warner Brothers Television) and so on.

How can I participate and send daisies?

There are two ways to participate in the Daisy Campaign. Supporters can either send bouquets of daisies on their own, or they can send money to GilmoreGirls.org via PayPal so that resources can be pooled together.

What happens once I send money to GilmoreGirls.org?

Every dollar that is sent to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign will be used for purchasing flowers. GilmoreGirls.org will work closely with local florists to ensure that money is spent properly and on something Gilmore fans will be proud of. If possible, photos will be taken of the daisy bouquets. At the very least GilmoreGirls.org will provide receipts for all flower purchases so that participants can see exactly how money was sent.

How can I send money to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign?

PayPal payments can be sent to: [email protected]

What is PayPal?

PayPal.com is a company/service that allows individuals to send and receive money online. It's free, secure, and a fast way to send payments. Users can send payments using a credit card, debit card, or bank account. For first time PayPal users, I suggest visiting PayPal.com and taking a look around. It only takes a few minutes to sign up for an account and send a payment.

When is the last day money can be sent in for the Daisy Campaign?

As of this moment, the campaign's deadline is May 13th. Depending on how much money is raised, GilmoreGirls.org may choose to send multiple bouquets of daisies, or one giant bouquet. If at any point news is released that there is zero (absolutely no hope) for a season 8 revival, GilmoreGirls.org will stop accepting payments for the campaign.

If I have questions about the Daisy Campaign, who can I contact?

All questions, comments, and suggestions are all welcome. Please feel free to post them in this thread. If you'd prefer to contact GilmoreGirls.org via e-mail, write to [email protected].

Final comments

Please don't donate money to the Daisy Campaign if it will be any kind of financial hardship. No one should feel bad if they can't participate; this is just one of many ways to participate in the Great8Mandate. Please also go into this campaign with eyes wide open. Meaning, this grand gesture probably won't save our Girls. You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis. This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be. Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

Update as of May 4th, 2007 ...

Since the cancellation news hit, my inbox has been flooded with two types of e-mails ...
1. People want to know how they can 'save the Gilmores'.
2. People want to know how they can get involved with our flower campaign.

Here's a question for everyone to ponder ...

Would anyone be interested in sending me money via PayPal, with the goal of pooling our resources to send one big bouquet of daisies?

As some of you know, I've been hesitant about accepting payments in the past ... mostly because there's a little bit of pressure involved. I'm a perfectionist, so once someone sends me their hard earned money I feel 100% obligated to deliver exactly what was promised. We're talking down to the last flower petal. Additionally, I realize there's a level of trust that must be met. If we do decide to move forward, I would be completely transparent about how much money was 'raised', would provide details regarding which florist was used, and would also be sure to scan or take a photo of the receipt.

A few more things to ponder ...

I don't want to mislead anyone or give the impression of false hope. As of this moment, the show is not coming back next year. If we're honest with ourselves, we probably have less than a 1% chance of getting season 8. However, we do have the infamous 7th Heaven resurrection as our shining beacon of hope.

When we started the Great8Mandate campaign in February, people laughed about our chances of getting season 8. As we were mailing our letters of support, other fan-bases heckled our enthusiasm and called us crazy. Then slowly, over the next few months, the Great8Mandate began to make a name for itself ... optimism for season 8 grew ... and eventually we heard reports that a 13-episode deal was all but in the bag. Back in February, how many people (both Gilmore fans and naysayers) truly predicted we would even get that far?

I don't really see a huge difference between then and now. People thought we were crazy then and I'm sure think we're crazy now for holding out hope. I'm fine with that. As I've said before, until I hear Lauren declare the show dead or until the Upfronts on May 17th I will have hope. However small it may be.

Let's reiterate ...

This is the question I'm asking ... would anyone be interested in sending me money via PayPal, with the goal of pooling our resources to send one big bouquet of daisies? Please note, there are many ways to participate in the Great8Mandate. This is just one of the many. Don't feel bad if this isn't up your alley. I don't want anyone to donate money if it will be a financial hardship. No one should miss a meal because they sent me money to pay for daises (that would just be silly). Additionally, it's only fair to go into this with your eyes wide open. This gesture probably won't save our Girls. You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis. This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be. Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

With that said, I'm all in. Even if no one joins me, I'll be sending my own bouquet.

Update as of May 3rd, 2007 ...

Gilmore ... gone. Grab your kleenex and prepare to say your goodbyes. Our Girls won't be back for an eighth season. A joint statement from the CW and Warner Bros. reads: "The final season of Gilmore Girls is truly a sad moment for everyone at the CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters."

What to do now? ...

Let all applicable parties know that you want (need!) season 8 ... and do it double time! There is no right or wrong way to do this; send postcards, letters, paper flowers, real flowers, etc. Be creative. Whatever you decide ... just do it. Soon. Just do it, soon.

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

------

Dubbed the Great8Mandate, GilmoreGirls.org wants to ensure another season of our favorite show, and by pooling our collective resources ... together, we can make it happen. This thread will act has Great8Mandate headquarters for information on how fans can support and help promote season 8 of Gilmore Girls.

How you can help ...

One of the best ways to ensure a season 8 is to simply let the right people know that fans still support the show. Below, you'll find a list of snail mail and e-mail addresses for important contacts. To participate in The Great8Mandate, all you need to do is write well thought out letters to the people below expressing why you want season 8. Letters don't need to be lengthy (unless you want them to be); they just need to be personal and heartfelt.

It has been said that one piece of snail mail equates to the views/opinions of one-hundred viewers. GilmoreGirls.org and the ORG Forum have tens of thousands of visitors each day. If just a fraction of those people participate in the Great8Mandate, it would be considered a success.

Great8Mandate Stationary: Use this if you'd like to include the Great8Mandate logo in the background of your letter. Feel free to customize things as you see fit.

Great8Mandate Flyer: If writing isn't your thing or if you're someone who's extremely busy, simply print this out and mail it to one of the addresses below. It still gets the point across.

Contacts at The CW ...

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

If e-mail is more your thing, you can try [email protected] and [email protected]

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

Pamela Morrison
Vice President, Publicity and Talent Relations
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Paul Hewitt
Director of Publicity
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Gilmore Girls Cast Members ...

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Scott Patterson
c/o Evolution Entertainment
901 N. Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

Entertainment Reporters/Media Outlets ...

People Magazine: [email protected]

Entertainment Weekly: [email protected]

Michael Ausiello from TV Guide: [email protected]

Kristin Veitch from E! Online: [email protected]

Amy (TV Gal) from Zap2it.com: [email protected]

Please note that Michael, Kristin, and Amy have already mentioned The Great8Mandate! Many thanks to them!

Update as of March 27th, 2007 ...

Get your vote on! Both E! Online and TVGuide.com are currently running online polls where fans can vote for their favorite shows. Take a moment and show your support for Gilmore Girls. It takes less than 30 seconds and every little bit helps!

E! Online poll:
http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

TVGuide.com poll (bottom right of the screen):
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

Update as of March 14th, 2007 ...

In response to those of you who have inquired about how to contact Alexis and her representation, the following information was pulled from IMDbpro.com (each is listed as her manager).

Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Paul M. Brown: [email protected]

Two quick comments ...

The above information was publicly accessible, so I don't feel terribly guilty about sharing it with the Gilmore masses. However, with that said, if you choose to e-mail either person, please do so in a respectful and supportive manner. The Great8Mandate is a positive fan campaign created to express our support for the show and its actors.

Update as of February 27th, 2007 ...

Earlier today I e-mailed someone very involved with publicity for Gilmore Girls and The CW in general regarding the status and likelihood of season 8. I also inquired as to whether or not The Great8Mandate was making an impact and being seen by the right people.

I received a reply just a little while ago and the gist of things was very positive. My personal favorite line of the response was "Hello Heidi -- We are very aware of the Great8Mandate here at The CW and we appreciate everything you're doing in support of the show." I have to say, that feels pretty good.

In reference to season 8, my contact said, "Rest assured we are definitely working on it." A season 8 decision will be made public no later than May 17th (as that's when the network announces its fall schedule at the upfront in New York). However, if the show gets an early pickup it's likely that we can expect an announcement before then.

We were also encouraged to keep up our efforts.

Thank you!

P.S. - Please feel free to use any of the images below (or make your own) and link them back to this thread (use them in forums, on MySpace, your personal site, wherever you see fit).

nn so a quanto serva scrivere.... ma almeno proviamoci!!

0 replies since 6/5/2007, 16:15   191 views